Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Year 13 An Inspector Calls 2012
Yr 13 Waiora and Purupuruwhetu
Yr 13 'The Importance of being Earnest
Yr 13 The Crucible
Yr 13 Daughter's of Heaven 2011
Yaer 12 Shakespare Macbeth 2012
Yr 12 Mt Taylor Taurere Myth
Yr 12 (2011) Mt Taylor Myth
Yr 12- Will's Twins
Yr 12 Romeo and Juliet
Yr 12 Revision
Year 12 (2011) Shakespeare
Yr 12 The Tempest
Yr 11 Revision
Yr11 Melodrama Research Page 2012
Across The Barricades
Pygmalion Yr 11 2011
Yr10 Drama Shakespare 2012
Yr 10 Shakespeare Study 2010
Myths and Legends of the Pacific
Myths and Legends of the Pacific 2011
Junior Theatre History
Yr10 Shakespeare 2011
Year 10 Drama Theatre Practitioners Assignment 2011
Pygmalion Yr 11 2011
1.3 Demonstrate understanding of a significant play
Pygmalion By Bernard Shaw
Written in 1912
themes and ideas
use of technology
Task Five: Group Research
David's Group - World of the Play
Vikki's Group- Playwright
Izzys Group Post Melodrama
Task Four, Part Two: Role On The Wall
Dreamer (has goals)
Wants to become a proper lady
She believes she has what it takes to be a lady
She is willing to do anything to be proper
Mousy colored hair
Hair needs washing badly
Young, She is around 18
She wears a shooby black coat that reaches her
knees and is gathered at her waist
‘’im a good girl I am’’ (eliza)
‘’ ooohhaaaaaooohh’’ (eliza) shows she is whinney and childish
Higgins: (sorry wont be as fancy as Vikki's its amazing! )
- Rude - Annoying - Contradicting
- Bad manners - Rich - Thinks low of women
- Careless - Educated - Sarcastic
- Bachelor - Selfish - Takes advantage of people
- Annoying - Greedy - Thinks highly of himself
- Clever - Impatient - Energetic
- Hypocritical - Judgmental - Doesn't believe in marriage
- Up himself - Interested in Science - Unsocial
- Prioritizes his own interests - Short tempered - Intelligent
- Disrespectful - Well Spoken - Strategic
- Well presented - Manly
- Fashionable - Tidy
- Robust - Well Groomed
- Vital appetizing sort of man - Looks like he is Upper class
- In his Forties - Professional
- Dressed in professional looking black - Appealing
- Frock coat - Rich
- Linen collar - Stern/Angry
- Tie - Confirmed Bachelor
- Good posture - Hard working
- (Higgins to Pickering) "Shall we ask this baggage to sit down, or should we throw her out the window?"
- (Higgins to Eliza) "Your an idiot. I waste the treasures of my mind by spreading them before you"
- (Higgins to Eliza) "Ill ram them down your ungrateful throat"
- (Higgins to Eliza) "Don't you dare try this game on me. I thought it to you!"
- (Eliza to Higgins) "What am i fit for? what have you left me fit for? where am i to go? What am i to do? Whats to become of me?
- (Higgins to Mr Doolitte) " You dont suppose anyone else wants her do you?... Take her away at once"
- (Higgins to Eliza) "How dare you show your temper to me"
- (Pickering to Higgins) "Do let him tell his story, Higgins"
- (Higgins) " She will relapse into the gutter again without me at her elbow"
- (Mrs Pearce to Higgins) " But you really must not swear before the girl"
- (Higgins to Eliza) "What does it matter what becomes of you"
- (Higgins to Pickering) "Let us get out of this, I have had enough of these chattering fools"
- (Higgins) "I am behaving myself perfectly!"
- (Higgins) "I stick to my opinion"
- (Mrs Higgins to Higgins) " Don't sit on the writing table, you'll break it"
- (Higgins) " This creature we picked out of the mud"
- (Mrs Pearce to Higgins) " I might ask you to not come down in your dressing gown to breakfast and use it as a napkin to the extent you do sir"
- (Higgins) "When Pickering starts shouting no one can get a word in"
Task Four, Part One: Important Moments in Pygmalion
Here are Jen & Livvys 7 key moments from Pygmalion
1.Higgins 1st meets Eliza in Covent Garden and makes fun of her speech
2.Eliza turns up at Higgins's house wanting speech lessons
3.Doolittle arrives at Higgins's house (makes his speech about being poor
5.Eliza's argument with Higgins (slippers are thrown)
6.Eliza runs off with Freddy
7.Higgins finds Eliza at Mrs Higgins's house
Sofia and David
7 Main Points:
- Eliza and Higgins meeting (Eliza selling flowers, Higgins taking notes of her dialect on a note pad)
- Eliza come to Higgins house and asks for lessons
- Eliza has a bath/make over
- Mr Doolittle turns up at Higgins house, convinces Higgins to give him money
- Eliza meets Mrs Higgins
- The Banquet in Covent Garden
- Eliza and Higgins have a fight
Erin and Stylez/Terri
I FIGURED OUT THE WIKI WOO.
Our 5 key moments
1 Eliza selling flowers, the opening
2 Doolittle's big speech
3 Eliza at the garden party
4 Eliza and Freddy running away
5 Eliza finally sorting out what she's going to do next
Lucas H and Vikki
First scene that shows the commotion at Covent Garden (The opening ‘hook’ and introduction to characters)
Higgins boasting that he could ‘pass a flower girl off as a duchess’.
Eliza arriving at Higgins house and the tension because of his lack of recognition of her, rudeness, Mrs Pears opinions and Eliza’s foul behaviour.
The Introduction of Doolittle and his speeches on middle class morality and just about everything else that occupied George Bernard Shaw’s mind.
Eliza is taken to meet Higgins mother, to check her progress in becoming a lady. She doesn’t do too well.
Eliza goes to the ball and astounds all the aristocrats.
Eliza, Higgins and Pickering arrive home from the ball. Eliza decides, when faced with Higgins lack of interest in her, that she will be free and marry Freddy, a man that she plans to support, which was unheard of then, and this ending caused controversy.
Katie and Jess's seven main key moments
Eliza as the flower girl selling flowers and the note taker taking notes
Eliza asking for lessons from Higgins and Higgins house
Elizas 'transformation' (the bath scene)
Dancing at the ball
Eliza throwing slippers at Higgins
Eliza and Freddie run away
Eliza tells Higgins she is leaving
Russell and Lucas S, seven key moments
Tuesday, 3:01 am
1. When Higgins first meets Eliza in covent garden and takes notes on her speech.
2. Eliza offers to pay for lessons from higgins.
3. Mr.Doolittle has his speech about middle class morality.
4. Eliza goes to the party and everyone thinks that she is a duchess
5. Eliza's argument with Higgins when she throws his slippers at him
6.Eliza runs off with Freddy
7. Higgens finds Eliza at Mrs Higgins house
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"